So, to help you get prepared ahead of time, what better than to share with you some fantastic healthy pancakes recipes to enjoy the special day…
These are all gluten and dairy free, both of which can often be a problem for people struggling with their health.
Here we go…
#1. Almond & Banana Pancakes
100g ground almonds
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
1.5 tsp cinnamon
Blend everything together, fry them as small pancakes in coconut oil on a fairly low heat.
Perhaps spread on some cashew butter and serve with raspberries, stewed apple & pear & a sprinkle of mixed seeds.
#2. Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes
1. Cook & mash 2 medium sweet potatoes (yes, really, just trust me)
2. Beat three eggs & mix with the mash
3. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
4. In a separate bowl mix - 30g protein powder (I’d recommend this one), 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp ground nutmeg, and 2 tsp ground cinnamon.
5. Mix the wet & dry ingredients
6. Gently cook pancakes in coconut oil, using 2 tablespoons of mixture per pancake. Slightly flatten the mixture cook for 2-3mins on one side, then flip & flatten again & cook 2 mins on the other side.
#3. Tapioca Flour Crepes
240ml KoKo coconut milk or similar
120g tapioca flour
30g coconut flour
Blend everything together to a smooth batter & cook like a standard pancake, 1-2 mins each side in a non-stick pan.
These ones can also be good as a savoury option. For example, you could add spinach to the batter before to get a beautiful green colour wrap & fill it with breakfast items like scrambled egg, sausage, tomato, mushrooms.
Bonus Tip: Topping Ideas
Here’s a few ideas of things you could add as extra toppings if you so desired…
- Whipped coconut cream (put a tin of coconut milk in the fridge overnight, open & scoop cream from the top, whip like normal cream, some vanilla can be added)
- Berries - fresh or frozen
- Banana & cinnamon
- Nut butter
- Stewed apple / pear
- Booja Booja ice cream
- Coconut yoghurt
- Lime / lemon
- Melted dark chocolate
- Fresh mint
And there you go.
In reality, by using the above and combining ingredients as you wish, the possibilities are almost endless.
I’m planning on making the sweet potato ones, maybe topped with some sliced banana and ice cream.
To get the protein powder (chocolate banana flavour) for that recipe, then click here.
And to discover the rest of our supplement range then click here.
Advanced Vitality - Natural Energy Supplement for Fatigue
Advanced Multi - Multivitamin and Mineral Complex (with 5-MTHF, D3, K2, B12, CoQ10 and much more!)
* Results Not Typical. All discussion about results on this website are based on individual findings where each circumstance is completely unique and may not be similar or the same as you. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your doctor.